cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA187 how to configure

CARLO CALABRESE
Level 1
Level 1

I just got the ATA187 and have them working. I need to know if there is a way to change settings via a web page? Can't find anything in the online manuals. The part I need to change is turning off the second port. A lot of times we put them next to a fax machine and don't need the second port. I don't want to waste my DLUs.

Any help?

Thanks

9 Replies 9

dksingh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't have access to an ATA 187 presently but can u go to

your CCM ATA page and click on its IP and provide a screen

shot of the ATA's web/gui ?

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unlike the ATA 186/188, the 187 can only be configured via CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps514/ps11026/data_sheet_c78-608596.html

Under, Cisco ATA SIP services

• Cisco ATA configuration through Cisco UCM configuration interface

The ATA configuration has been simplified and streamlined to mimick that of an IP phone. All available options are now on the CUCM page for the ATA.

-Felipe

My question is, How do I turn off the second port. Like the 186, it has a second mac address and that burns up my DLUs.

Workaround.

Turn off autoregistration and add devices manually.

cheers,

i

wildflower1977
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact opposite problem, I have manually configured two fax machines on the ATA187 and the 2nd line doesnt work at all.  Where in the settings do you configure this?

In CUCM, you need to add an ATA18[67] device for each FXS port. Second ATA18[67] device has "shifted" MAC address.

"The first device used the MAC address and the second device uses the shifted MAC address (example, AABBCCDDEEFF to BBCCDDEEFF01). You can add two devices from the Unified CM administration page."

More details in admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/187/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/a187_ag2str.html#wp1102295

Hope this helps,

cheers,

i

so just to clarify, I need to remove the first 2 digits and add 01 on the end? or is it the next pair in the sequence?

the MAC address is 2D:BB:09:E3:FA:9D, so change it to BB:09:E3:FA:9D:01 or BB:09:E3:FA:9D:9E?

Hi

Drop the leading digits, and add 01. So your first example is correct.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

CARLO CALABRESE
Level 1
Level 1

There is no way to shut off the second port in a large system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: