Views
Helpful
Replies

ATT PRI errors

markcarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I ran into an issue with ATT PRI and hope someone can shed some light.We have a ATT PRI connected to a Avaya PBX and we are going to migrate the legacy system to our centralized CM cluster.  I configred a Cisco 2951 ISR router running MGCP.  I moved the PRI to the router and show ISDN status indicate the PRI is "Multiple Frame Established", the PRI also registered with the CM.  However when I placed an outbound call I get a fast busy and the debug isdn Q931 showed the following error

005092: Jan 25 19:49:39.855: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8003

Cause i = 0x82B6 - Incoming calls are barred 005092: Jan 25 19:49:39.855: ISDN Se0/0/0:23 Q931: RX <- RELEASE_COMP pd = 8  callref = 0x8003
        Cause i = 0x82B6 - Incoming calls are barred

When i placed a inbound call, I got "all circuit are busy" and i didn't see the call hit the router.

I did some research and the error 82B6 means the call is rejected by telco.

Does anyone experience similar issue? And what is the fix?  Any info or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure you are using proper ISDN switch type.

Chris

j.burwell
Level 1
Level 1

Have you confirmed the isdn switch-type statement on the voice gateway is set to the correct signaling being used by the provider?

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

I think i ran into this with ATT once before on one of their PRI's. I had to put this command in on the serial interface.

"isdn nsf-service megacom"

Give that a go.

Magacom is a service that needs to be ordered, that basically interprets dialing strings and would for example not require dialing 1, etc.  This service time is not very popular, but obviously trying does not hurt.

Chris

The things was, I didnt order it - ATT said they put that on by default on their PRI's.

markcarat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Chris/Traacy/Jburwell,

Thanks all for your input.  I set the ISDN protocal type to NI2 and this is what ATT gave me.  I am going to contact ATT and double check that.  I will update everyone when I have a  chance to test the PRI again.

Again, much appreciated

Mark

Has this issue been resolved? I ran into last Friday after attempting to upgrade form CM 4.1 to CUCM 8.6. The older gateways on 12.4.15 code all showed this same cause code, my two 15.X gateways worked fine. I never did get to trouble shoot it as the client had me back out to the old system.

I know this is an old post, but did anyone ever find a resolution to this?   I just ran into this issue when trying to turn up 2 AT&T PRIs for local calling in a 4K router.   I've tried every isdn switch type available and nothing seems to work.  Still getting: Cause i = 0x82B6 - Incoming calls are barred   on both PRIs

The only other thing I can think to try is NFAS.  Anyone have any other suggestions?