cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attendand console for cme9

Rafael Jimenez
Level 4
Level 4

I need a good and cheap attendant console for cme9.

please if somebody know a good one please let me know.

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rafael,

Nice to hear from you as well my friend

I'm sorry...the link I gave you is for UC500 products, for CME it's called;

Cisco  Unified CallConnector Operator

Deployment Options

Cisco  Unified CallConnector Operator is available in three configurations  (Table 3) and works with a Cisco IP phone for media handling. By using a  Cisco IP phone, the operator always has the ability to handle calls,  even if the Windows PC is not available.

For  installation, an easy-to-use GUI is provided. It connects to the Cisco  Unified Communications Manager Express for configuration information,  imports the user contact information, and sets up the operator  call-control parameters.

Table 3. Deployment Options for Cisco Unified CallConnector Operator

Description

Benefit

Standalone operator

This  single self-contained operator position connects to the Cisco Unified  CME for telephone status information and call control.

Standalone backup position

A  single backup operator position is allowed for each standalone  operator. It connects to the primary operator to receive the  call-control and configuration information.

Server-based deployment

The  operator client is installed at the operator position and connects to  Cisco Unified CallConnector Server for configuration and call-control  information. The server-based configuration is required for  multiple-operator deployments.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7274/data_sheet_c78-655141.html

So, for a single Operator Console no server would be required

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

All CME SCCP supported phones are supported by UCC.

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rafael,

Have you looked into the Smart Call Connector Console

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10865/index.html

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

long time without see your helpfull answers!..

one question, I have cme9 on a 2901. But Im using 100% sip implementation, 3905 sip phones.

Will the connector operator work for any type of phone?.

I I want use call connector operator for only one client, do I need purchase the call connector server?

Thanks.

Hi Rafael,

Unfortunately SIP Phones are not supported with Unified Call connector. Please refer to the data sheet below to see the supported phones:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7274/data_sheet_c78-655141.html

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Sound weird that the datasheet only mention 7940G, 7960G, or 7970G Series models, mainly  because that list are EOL ip phones. What about 7911, 7941, 7942, 7945???....

can somebody confirm that?.

Thanks.

All CME SCCP supported phones are supported by UCC.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rafael,

Nice to hear from you as well my friend

I'm sorry...the link I gave you is for UC500 products, for CME it's called;

Cisco  Unified CallConnector Operator

Deployment Options

Cisco  Unified CallConnector Operator is available in three configurations  (Table 3) and works with a Cisco IP phone for media handling. By using a  Cisco IP phone, the operator always has the ability to handle calls,  even if the Windows PC is not available.

For  installation, an easy-to-use GUI is provided. It connects to the Cisco  Unified Communications Manager Express for configuration information,  imports the user contact information, and sets up the operator  call-control parameters.

Table 3. Deployment Options for Cisco Unified CallConnector Operator

Description

Benefit

Standalone operator

This  single self-contained operator position connects to the Cisco Unified  CME for telephone status information and call control.

Standalone backup position

A  single backup operator position is allowed for each standalone  operator. It connects to the primary operator to receive the  call-control and configuration information.

Server-based deployment

The  operator client is installed at the operator position and connects to  Cisco Unified CallConnector Server for configuration and call-control  information. The server-based configuration is required for  multiple-operator deployments.

So, for a single Operator Console no server would be required

Cheers!

Rob

Tere and Rob,

Why the datasheet refers only those eol phones? (7940G, 7960G, or 7970G Series models)

The phones listed refers to the ip phone used by the person who handle the callconnector application, right?.

My question is about the phones that the callconnector operator can handle (or monitor).

Can the callconnector Operator monitor and handle cisco sip phones?

Thanks.

its work for any 794x and 796x. for media. The application can monitor sccp and sip phones.

do you know if it works for ip communicator?

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: