cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

attendant console after an upgrade

thomas1
Level 2
Level 2

We will be upgrading from 4.1(3) to 4.2(3) next weekend. The upgrade guide says to make sure the AC user has the Call Park Retrieval check box checked and makes not mention of version changes. We have half a dozen people that use Attendant Console in remote offices. I'm concerned that Attendant Console will break for them after the upgrade.

Has anyone experienced problems with Attendant Console after an upgrade? Did you have to the upgrade the software on the end user's PC after the upgrade?

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Yes, you need to reinstall the plugin using the one from the new CCM version.

Thanks. I was afraid of that. I wonder why the upgrade guide doesn't explicity state this.

Can we upgrade the AC version without upgrading the CCM version? We are using these versions: Console Version = 1.4(1 ES13b) and Server Version 1.4(1 ES14). Of note, we are running Cisco CallManager System version: 4.1(3)sr5d. Also, what would happen if I pressed the UPGRADE button in AC Client/Help/About...? Would I only get the AC version that corelates to the CMM version? Meaning, I can not use a Higher version of AC than what the CCM provides...

Yes, you can upgrade the AC without upgrading CCM IF the version on the server is a higher version...which it appears your version is.

If you press the upgrade button, a pop up will tell you that version 1.4(1 ES13b) needs to be uninstalled and then ask you if you want to proceed. If you click yes to proceed, it will uninstall and then do the install of the newer version (ES14). The PC will look like nothing is happening while the uninstall takes place. Allow for about three or so minutes for everything to happen and be sure you're logged into the PC with local admin rights. I've attached a Word doc with screen shots that I sent to our IT folks within our Remote Offices so they'd know what to expect when upgrading it for their receptionists. Hope this helps.

Excellent! worked exactly as you described. Thank you...