Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant console

wasiimcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am having problem in configuration of AC in cisco callmanager 4.1.

I did the following steps.

1. Made a user with ac password 12345.

2. associate it with different ip phones and pilot point that is 51001 and also check the primary extesnion 51001.

3. Make the pilot point and hunt group.

4. In hunt group configuration, i select a partion where all ip phone resides,

then select the directory number of one IP phone. and this phone also associated with PP.

5. Call dispatcher service is running.

6. AC user configuration i have made a user example is reception and password.

7. so many times i have reset the pilot point.

8. Install the attendant console software on my laptop and even on callmanger.

9. When i gave the username/password of attendant console user(reception) and extension of one of the IP Phone and select the mac of this ip phone.

10. When I open the attendant console on callmnager, i m abel to login but when main window open it gave me following error.

initialization of call control failed.Retrying

from any IP phone in the network when i dail the Pilot point number i m redirecting to the same IP phone that i gave in attendant console 21004.

but there is no activity in attendant console, i cant see the incoming calls in attendant console.

Please help me out where i m missing.

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

did you checked the allow CTI control and call park options for the ac user??

have you tried resetting the pwd with acconfig.bat?

CallManager User Receives the kCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI application failed to open provider Error Message

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008069a26b.shtml

Cisco CallManager Attendant Console Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

thanks for the reply, i have enabled the call retrival option now at least i m not getting old error, but i m not able to transfer any call and not even able to see any activity in AC.

Secondly i m able to open the AC software from any other computer, i m getting communication error, though the connectivity is okay and these laptops having ip communicator installed and registered with call manager.

I am only able to successfully open the AC on callmanager, not from anywhere.

Please help me

check for antivirus, firewalls, ACLs and anything that could be blocking the traffic. if it works in the server it means the config is OK but that the network is blocking the communication at some point so connectivity is not OK

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

thanks for the reply, problem solved, i restart the services and now it is working fine for me, but one problem still there, i m not able to see users in Attendant console directory. I tried with extension number and name but nothing working. I have to transfer the call by manually typing the extension of desired user. Please tell me how to see users in directory portion of Attendant console.

I will be very greatful to u

Q. How can I generate a user list from a different directory server?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/products_qanda_item09186a00800b0a20.shtml#qa23

the file should have been generated automatically and should be on the AC PC but if not try the above

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

no luck, still the problem is there. i have reinstall the AC and restart the services but still the problem is there.

i so many executed the builddir.bat but still the problem is there. Please help me out

End Users without extensions will not show up in the directory.

Make sure the end-users have a telephone number in their account and try again. Also, by default the resync period for the AC is 3 hours; or you can restart the service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: