cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audible alert on wireless headset - 7940 phone

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

After upgrading CM to 8.5 a user has complained that the audible alert on their wireless headset (Plantronics) connected to a 7940 phone no longer "beeps" when the phone rings.  The person is logging into Cisco Agent Desktop Software.  I have no idea why this would have stopped working and could not find anyting in the settings on the software or phone to enable/disable this feature.  Any idea's?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The 7940 does not support electronic hookswitch control so the headset must be using a mechanical lifter. These lifters use a microphone to listen for the phone to ring. If this isn't working it could be that the ring volume is too low to trigger the alert in the headset or the microphone has been damaged/disconnected.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi.

Which Firmware the 7940 has installed?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

sorry, should have included that.  P0030801SR01

Ok.

Have you tried to rollback to the previous 7940 fw version?

If not please try it and see if it works

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

I have not but I was under the impression this fm release was required for cm 8.5.  Maybe a bit off topic, but while looking at the device defaults to pull the firmware version, I noticed the device pool settings for each.  We have multiple locations, and I noticed that all of the devices load information fall under one location Device Pool.  How does this affect the other locations or does it matter? 

The 7940 does not support electronic hookswitch control so the headset must be using a mechanical lifter. These lifters use a microphone to listen for the phone to ring. If this isn't working it could be that the ring volume is too low to trigger the alert in the headset or the microphone has been damaged/disconnected.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: