cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

audio drops midway through call or loud beeping sound

kdotten36
Level 3
Level 3

I've got two issues I could use some help on regarding voice quality and audio dropping altogether on external calls.

Running CUCM 8.0 and calling out through two 2921 routers version 15.0(1r)M9.  3 Verizon PRIs split between interfaces on the routers.

1.  User calls to PSTN, call is connected, after 5 or 10 minutes, the other party can suddenly no longer hear our user.  Hanging up and calling back resolves it.

2.  PSTN calls our User, they chat...suddenly there is a long beeping sound and the parties must hang up and reconnect the call.

I'm at a loss for what to do next.  I've got some clocking errors on one of the 3 interfaces being used, but I've gotten reports of these issues occuring on all 3 t1 cards on either 2921 router at some point, so it doesn't seem to be isolated to a bad card or hardware.

Any help is appreciated, anyone ever experienced these issues?

2 Replies 2

kosterbrink
Level 1
Level 1

Regarding the first issue:

We have had a similar issue that a call dropped on a h.323 gateway after 5 mins, and a firewall dropped h.323 packets after 5 mins.

If there is a fw in between, check h.323 timers and temp turn off h.323 inception.

regards,

Kai

It's an mgcp gateway and there's no firewall between our voice routers and the PSTN, thanks for the reply though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: