Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Answer and Call transfer

Jagsuvce G
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have CUCM 8.6 and Unity Connection 8.6 in our cluster. We have a requirement like, calls are flooding at reception. So we just need to have a voice mail recorded which says "

Thankyou for calling. Request you to kindly press the desired extension number or press  0 for operator assistance.

Mean to say when a call lands on reception extension, the call should automatically get forwarded to voice mail which say pls dial the desired extension if not know pls press 0 for operator assistance (again the call should go back to reception).

How to do the configs for this kind of auto answer and call transfer.

Pls suggest.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Btw can you let me what you configured, may be a simple call flow is enough.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

gnanem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can achive through the call handler. Refer the below link for moree info about call handler.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag040.html

Regrads,

Gnan.

Hi Gnaneswaran,

Can you help in explaining in simple steps in terms of how to forward all calls of reception to voicemail and from there how to configure the call handlers.

Pls help.

Hi,

Thanks, vl try this and update you.

Am almost done, but calls from voice mail when it gives the option for diallling the number like extension or operator..then after dialling the calls are not going through..

Any suggestions pls.

Check if the extension numbers are allowed in the restriction table in CUC . Also make sure that the CSS of voice mail ports can reach the user extensions. I mean make sure the CSS has the PT of reception's extension and other extensions.

Btw can you let me what you configured, may be a simple call flow is enough.

Hi,

The all restriction tables are blocked as shown below

Yes the VM Ports CSS are reachable as we have give the same CSS which we use for the extensions. So no doubt its reachable.

In brief configs done in CUC is...

http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/certification/ccna/9780132904087/chapter-7dot-cisco-unity-connection-and-cisco-unified-presence/ch07lev1sec7_html

almost same as described in the url.

Pls help

Hi,

The issue was with the Restriction tables, i had to manually add and allow the DN series wrt our extension series.

Thanks it worked.

Hi,

Everything is fine, but who ever calls through PRI to reach the reception number (board number) call goes to the auto attendant system. But internal office users who try to reach on the reception extension number even they are going through auto attendant sytem.

Is there any way or other solution which can solve this purpose.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: