cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto QoS - Config issue.

d.bigerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2821 router running SPSERVICESK9-M Version 12.4(15)T1.

On this router I have:

VWIC 1MFT-T1 for PSTN connection

WIC1-ADSL for Broadband.

I also have a Cisco 2960 switch connected to gi0/1.

I am trying to implement Auto QoS. On the router I have to select an interface to apply the "auto qos voip" command to.

This command is unrecognised within the "dialer1" or "atm" interface configuration. Even though the PSTN connectivity is via the T1 vwic I need to apply Auto QoS on the ADSL connection as I will be implementing a SIP trunk later as well.

The only interface I can use this command on is "serial0/0/0:23" which is PSTN so QoS shouldnt (can't?) be used there.

If I cant configure Auto QoS on the router will it be sufficient to only configure it onto the switch?

Many thanks for looking,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

If you take a look at the following link, in the "Considerations, Caveats, and Restrictions for AutoQoS VoIP" section, it seems that for WAN connections, you can only use the Auto QoS feature for Serial interfaces using HDLC/PPP, or FR or ATM configurations. Based on this, I think for your setup you will have to stick with manually configuring your QoS settings on the DSL side.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk759/technologies_white_paper09186a00801348bc.shtml

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

If you take a look at the following link, in the "Considerations, Caveats, and Restrictions for AutoQoS VoIP" section, it seems that for WAN connections, you can only use the Auto QoS feature for Serial interfaces using HDLC/PPP, or FR or ATM configurations. Based on this, I think for your setup you will have to stick with manually configuring your QoS settings on the DSL side.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk759/technologies_white_paper09186a00801348bc.shtml

Thanks for your help, that explains it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: