cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

auto restart CCM 4.1(3)

b.eman
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with our CCM cluster that I think we can fix by disabling auto restart.

I have tried to change the BIOS but that did not work. Do we have to pull a jumper or is there another setting to make this work?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Can you define "auto restart" ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

We have 5 ccm's with 3 of those residing at the Home office the other 2 set at a DR site in another location. We have had some issues if the power in the Home offices for any reason goes down with the 3 home office servers not booting correctly. We belive they are starting before our switches are up and some of the CallManager services are not starting correctly.

The bad part about this is if the 3 home office servers are up they contain the Pub which takes over that role once it is up. Since the Pub has a few failed services we tend to have issues and eventually have to restart the 3 Home office servers no matter what.

So what I need to do is make sure that the Home office servers do not come back online until the switch is full up. To do this I know most servers have an "auto restart" setting in the BIOS that when enabled makes them automaicly boot after a power hit. I would like to disable this automatic restart so I manually can bring the 3 Home office servers up.