Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Auto Ring from Cisco Callmanager to a PSTN switch

i am trying to set up an auto-ring line on a VOIP phone.  when i select the number on my VOIP phone i want it to automatically dial a number, i dont want to use speed dials.  currently, my organization uses VOIP (one publisher and a subpub) and an SL-100 (PSTN), which is connected via 1 gateway, and 4 PRI trunks going into the SL-100.  we are currently working to migrate users away from the SL-100 to VOIP, but some of the phones we have running off of the SL-100 have add-on models with up to 24 DN's that are set auto-dial 24 other DN's.  i need to keep that same set up on my voip phones to avoid confusion and to make this migration process as easy as possible. 

i have tried to set up a PLAR for the numbers on my VOIP phones, but i cannot get them to automatically dial a number that is outside of my callmanager.  the auto ring from the SL-100 to the VOIP is no problem, but when i try to set it up from VOIP to the SL-100, it doesnt work. 

there has to be an easier way to make a phone number automatically dial another phone number once it goes off hook.  please, someone help me!!

Community Member

Auto Ring from Cisco Callmanager to a PSTN switch

PLAR ought to work.   Can you do a "debug isdn q931" on your PSTN gateway and watch the PLAR call exit the system?   If you're using an access code (ie 9 to access an outside line) you can prepend that to your dial string too.

Community Member

Did you ever get this working? We have migrated from Avaya to CUCM 11.x and the users are used to this feature. As soon as u press the key 9, it should give dialtone to pstn dialing intantly (without need to press the speaker or "Dial" button.

Any ideas???

Cisco Employee

A PLAR on Cisco devices only

A PLAR on Cisco devices only works once you go off-hook, there is no way to just press 9 and have it dial something unless the phone is already off-hook, on speaker, or you press dial.

if this helps, please rate
CreatePlease to create content