cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Route if Trunk bandwidth is not enough

john_lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I had setup a SIP trunk to other site and it is using E.164 pattern, plus I also define the bandwidth on location. On route list page, I create a group for it and inside the route list, I had select priority is SIP trunk and second is PSTN. I also create a route pattern to this country is pointed using this route list. So, I would like to confirm if the bandwidth I set on location is over used, can the CUCM will automatic route the call through PSTN follow the route list specify?

It is Call Manager 9.1.

Thank you,

John

8 Replies 8

When the system initially presents a call to a member of a route list, Cisco Unified Communications Manager reroutes for all cause codes other than Out of Bandwidth, User Busy, and Unallocated Number. The value of the associated service parameters for the Cisco CallManager service determines the rerouting decision for those cause codes. The Clusterwide Parameters (Route Plan) grouping includes the Stop Routing on Out of Bandwidth Flag, Stop Routing on User Busy Flag, and Stop Routing on Unallocated Number Flag service parameters. You can set each service parameter to True or False.
//Suresh Please rate all the useful posts.

Hi Suresh, is it confirm I set the stop routing on out of bandwidth flag to true, it will auto route the call  through PSTN when hitting not enough bandwidth follow route list seting?

Hi

AAR is the good solution to allow call go to second PSTN link during lack of bandwidth. Kindly check the below document which will help you to understand the dolution

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-80/113478-aar-config.html

Thanks

please rate all useful information

Hi All, thanks, since no option then I will configure the AAR.

Thank you very much.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can set AAR for this purpose

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

rothomas2
Level 1
Level 1

I do think you need to add AAR somehow to the mix. 

Have the original call been rejected because of lack of BW, and then the phones configured properly with the AAR group and AAR mask will do another Digit Analysis and hit another Route List. 

At this point you usually take it to a PSTN trunk, but to CallManager it can be anything. 

Thanks. Early I plan to using AAR to solve this issues. But i found I have more than15000 units IP Phone and this will cause me to touch on all IP Phone setting. So, I would like to check with you all to see got little change on parameter, can help me to do less job on it.

Hi John.

To make changes to many phones in one shoot, you can consider the use of bulk administration tool which allows you to query all phones by device pool or location and then modify what you need.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: