cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic 9, insertion for calling back missed calls.

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

If you highlight a missed call - you need to EditDial and insert the 9 to call it back.  Some of my

users would like the 9 to automagically be inserted so as to not have to dial the 9 to call back the

missed call.  Is there a way to do this in UCM 7.1?  Evidently it was possible to do in our Avaya 8300

system which we replaced with the Cisco.  Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you have several ways you can accomplish this task. You can set parameters at a system level. Go to the service parameters for the Call Manager service. Take a look at the following:

• Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix
  • Incoming Calling Party International Number Prefix
  • Incoming Calling Party Subscriber Number Prefix

The settings here are global. Since you have 7.x, I think that you would be better served leveraging Transformation Patterns. Transformation Patterns provide a way for you to fine tune the configuration and control the scope of what is presented on which devices.  I definitely recommend reading up on the Transformation Patterns in the admin guide.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

Bill is correct and just to add one thing to this, by using that method the phone will display the leading 9 or 91 when a call is received too.  Some users don't like seeing that so it's a trade off to be able to dial back from the missed calls easily or have a more recognizable caller ID when receiving a call.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, you have several ways you can accomplish this task. You can set parameters at a system level. Go to the service parameters for the Call Manager service. Take a look at the following:

• Incoming Calling Party National Number Prefix
  • Incoming Calling Party International Number Prefix
  • Incoming Calling Party Subscriber Number Prefix

The settings here are global. Since you have 7.x, I think that you would be better served leveraging Transformation Patterns. Transformation Patterns provide a way for you to fine tune the configuration and control the scope of what is presented on which devices.  I definitely recommend reading up on the Transformation Patterns in the admin guide.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Bill is correct and just to add one thing to this, by using that method the phone will display the leading 9 or 91 when a call is received too.  Some users don't like seeing that so it's a trade off to be able to dial back from the missed calls easily or have a more recognizable caller ID when receiving a call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: