cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Ring Down (ARD) On a Single Line

jduncan
Level 1
Level 1

We purchased an 8961 phone for testing because our vendor told us it could do a single-line ARD with updated firmware. The problem is, I can't find any instructions on how to configure this on CUCM. We are running Communication Manager 8.6.1 and the phone has the latest  firmware. Does anyone know how to implement this feature? Currently we  do ARDs on our 79XX phones via a speed dial line to go out and a line  appearance to accept calls in, this uses two buttons. Here is the documentation saying it can do it:

One Touch Private Line Automatic Ringdown

The 9.2(3) Firmware Release introduces an enhancement that makes it easier for users to dial pre configured phone numbers, with the One Touch Private Line Automatic Ringdown (PLAR) feature. Previously, the PLAR feature required you to press two keys‹the PLAR line and the session key to process the call. Now, when you select the PLAR line, the call session automatically appears and processes the call, making it easier for you to call emergency or hotline numbers.

Note  With the One Touch PLAR feature, the phone issues a new call from a

PLAR line only when that line is idle. If the PLAR line is not idle then the call is treated as a normal call, with the existing call displayed and no new call session created.

This feature is available on the following Cisco IP Phones (SIP):

€Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961

€Cisco Unified IP Phone 9951

€Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971

2 Replies 2

Udit Mehrotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Udit, thanks for the reply but unfortunately it doesn't answer my question. I am trying to conserve lines on the phone so I want the ARD to be on one line not two. Currently for one ARD we have to use two buttons, one to dial the speed dial and the other for calls to come in.