cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automating the creation of telephone accounts in call manager

Amo Bassi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have recently been asked to explore the possibility of automating telephone account creation in Cisco Call Manager, using scripting.  Now although my scripting knowledge isn't great, one idea that was suggested was the use of .csv files?  Any advice or tips about how to proceed would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 10.x+ already have the ability to create the associated DN for users and a self provisioning IVR, otherwise, use BAT.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 10.x+ already have the ability to create the associated DN for users and a self provisioning IVR, otherwise, use BAT.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime, thanks for your reply.  I have already discussed the possibility of using CUCM 10 although unfortunately this was ruled out straight away as the cost of implementing the latest version would be too expensive for our department.  I am also looking into the Cisco BAT and have an account for the CBT Nuggets to get some training on BAT.  Additionally, I am looking into writing up a simple script that could be used to change the formatting of a .csv file containing staff details that could then be uploaded to CUCM.

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

and if you are ready to do some hardcore scripting, you can even use AXL.

G.

Hi Gergely, thanks for the response, right now I am open to exploring different options so yes any suggestions you might have would be welcome. At the moment I am looking into how I could use the Cisco Bulk Admin Tool.  In addition I am looking at writing a script that could change the formatting of a .csv file and make it suitable for uploading to CUCM.

Hi Mate, 

I am going through the old forum, to automate the cisco ip phone provisioning . Just wanted to know if you don't mind to shared your script if you were able to do it.