cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya s8400 h323 trunk

omendieta77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm setting up a h323 trunk between Cisco 3725 (C3725-IPVOICE-M), Version 12.3(14)T7) and S8700 of Avaya.

I'm attaching the configuration of the 3725 router.

This trunk is not up, even in the same LAN. Is there any more commands to see what's going on?

I've followed the document "Cisco Unified CallManager Express Release 3.2 - PBX Interoperability: Avaya S8700 Communication Manager 2.2 Using H323 Trunk" but all I can see in Avaya S8400 is the trunks out of service...

thanks in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We see that the cisco is talking to the PBX on onte side, but to what is talking to the other ?

A ascii diagram would help.

Also can you let us know what other tests you did and the result.

Hi,

The network is 1.15.0.0/22.

The CLAN IP address is : 1.15.0.4

The interface of C3725 is: 1.15.0.10

Both of them is in the same segment of the network, and same VLAN.

The 3725 contains the WAN interfaces, and dial-peers that reaches all the other branch offices.

And Avaya s8400 contains all the IP telephony infrastructure.

We want to connect using a h323 trunk both devices so Avaya system can reach the extensions and routes of Cisco 3725.

Any more commands to check h323??

I've tried debug cch323 all and debug voice ccapi inout.

any more debugs or show commands?

Thanks a lot.

Excuse me,

Looks like you want to trunk h323 to h323, that requires and IP to IP GW image (and license). (but what is CLAN) ? What extension on the 3725 are you talking about ? are you planning to use CCME or CCM perhaps ?

Specifically I yet do not understand who is calling who.

There are alternatives, depending on what is on field and what is planned. eg. you can have the spokes talk directly to the avaya, use or be a GK, etc.

So really more details about the overall design would be needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: