Views
Helpful
Replies

Avaya S8400 to CCM5.1 H.323 trunk

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello All,

I have created an H.323 trunk btw the Avaya PBX and CCM5.1. The trunk in Avaya side shows "in service/Idle" but I can't see if in CCM side is up too. I have a route pattern 61XX which matches the extensions in Eden (6100-6199)and can see using the digit analyzer it matches 61XX route pattern and hits the h.323 gateway configured to connect to Avaya PBX. When I dial 4 digits extension like 6111 which is a valid extension in Eden (US) I hear a busy tone. I have the following:

1)PT-Cisco-Avaya (the partiion used for route pattern 61XX)

2)CSS-Cisco-Avaya which contains the PT-Cisco-Avaya and PT-Phones in which all phones are.

3)The CSS for the H.323 GW is also CSS-Cisco-Avaya.

4)The codec used in the region is G.711 in both sides.

5)The MRG is also configured

Could you please let me know if I am missing something?

Thanks,

MK

4 Replies 4

csco11063007
Level 1
Level 1

Please check MTP require Box in the H323 gateway configuration page in the CCM.

I activated the MTP in the H.323 GW but nothing changed. I still get bustone. Any other idea?

Thanks,

I was able to make it work with G.711 codec but I need to use G.729 over the WAN. I have configured the Avaya as G.729 too but as soon as I change from G.711 to G.729 I hear the fast busy.

Also when I use the G.711 codec, if the user on the other end answers, the communication gets established with no problem but in the case the user does not answer, the call does not go her/his voicemail. I see that my call stops ringing and tries to go to the voice mail but I can't here the greeting and after few seconds it sounds fast busy. The voice mail on the other end is an Avaya.

Thanks for your help guys,

MK

you need to configure the regions, to forze the codec to g729 instead of g711, you will need also to use the transconding for convert g729 from wan to g711 (lan side), for the voicemail works acrros the wan,

gc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: