cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL log on

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We are looking at 3 applications which require a AXL log on , all three apps will potentially make use of their own log on at the same time- we are evaluating the type of app from different vendors- Does any one have experience or know if any issue with multiple AXL log on ? thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

speaking from CUCM with Presence and CUC, I use the same AXL account for both apps and it worked fine.

So I created an application user called "AXLUSER" with a simple password.

Create a new user group called AXLGROUP

Assign permissions to the group for AXL.

Assign axluser to the axl group

CUPS, CUC and actually UCCX all used the same account with no issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

speaking from CUCM with Presence and CUC, I use the same AXL account for both apps and it worked fine.

So I created an application user called "AXLUSER" with a simple password.

Create a new user group called AXLGROUP

Assign permissions to the group for AXL.

Assign axluser to the axl group

CUPS, CUC and actually UCCX all used the same account with no issues.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend a seperate application user account for each application. There is no cost in doing so and it provides some isolation from one another.

-Easier identification of who is doing what in log files.

-If one application misbehaves others are not impacted as easily.

-If someone changes a password it only affects one application instead of all of them.

I agree. I do usually have a different user name and password for each app for AXL. For this persons questions, I responded with what I have used in the past for testing and it seemed fine.

Thanks for the replies, during the trial we wil be providing each vendor with a differnt AXL log on

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: