Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD & AA and CUE

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I am new to this scripting and tcl world. I just want to know the actual use of this BACD and AA. Since we have CUE then why and where do we use?

Lets say my incoming calls listen to musci from CUE where i have configured AA and VoiceMail then still i should use this ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

HI

No , if you have AA on your CUE this will be eniugh for you.Please find the below:-

1-Automatic answering of outside calls with greetings and menus that allow callers to select the appropriate department or to dial known extension numbers.Managed call queues for hunt groups that route calls for different menu options.

2-I can use TCL scripts or AA or B-ACD , by uploading flash of the router.But these applications are so limited , you cannt change a the script which you have for AA.This solution most of people used it when there is no CUE module to enable AA.For B-ACD drop-through , this a good solution if need to do something as small call center , will have a pilot number and agents.If you have CUE , you need only B-ACD.

3-CUE has its own script editor which can give you more features and more benefits for change and edit the menu for AA which created on CUE.

Thank you

Please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

HI

No , if you have AA on your CUE this will be eniugh for you.Please find the below:-

1-Automatic answering of outside calls with greetings and menus that allow callers to select the appropriate department or to dial known extension numbers.Managed call queues for hunt groups that route calls for different menu options.

2-I can use TCL scripts or AA or B-ACD , by uploading flash of the router.But these applications are so limited , you cannt change a the script which you have for AA.This solution most of people used it when there is no CUE module to enable AA.For B-ACD drop-through , this a good solution if need to do something as small call center , will have a pilot number and agents.If you have CUE , you need only B-ACD.

3-CUE has its own script editor which can give you more features and more benefits for change and edit the menu for AA which created on CUE.

Thank you

HI

Cisco Unified CME B-ACD provides automatic answering and call distribution for calls through the use of interactive menus and local hunt groups. Each Cisco Unified CME B-ACD application consists of one or more auto-attendant (AA) services and one call-queue service. An incoming call dials the B-ACD AA pilot number and hears a prompt that provides a greeting and instructions to help the caller automatically route the call.

For example, callers to a newspaper might hear: "Thank you for calling the Times. To place an advertisement or to subscribe to the Dispatch, press 1; for the editorial department, press 2; for the operator, press 0; if you know your party's extension, press 4." Callers who do not select an option will hear the greeting and menu options repeated.

The Cisco Unified CME B-ACD application is specified by two Tool Command Language (Tcl) scripts: an AA script that handles the welcome prompt and menu choices, and a call-queue script that manages call routing and queuing behavior.

Cisco Unified CME B-ACD Components

As mentioned, the Cisco Unified CME B-ACD application consists of a call-queue service and one or more AA services. The configurable components of these services are outlined as follows.  Keep in mind that each one of these topics could be it's own blog entry..  hmm..  that's not a bad idea!

Pilot Number : This is the number that callers dial to reach the AA.

Welcome Prompt and Other Audio Files

Menu Options

Hunt Group Option and Ephone Hunt Groups  :  These define how calls are distributed to groups that share the same function.

Dial-by-Extension Option  :  Allows the caller to go straight to a known agent.

Drop-Through Mode  :  "Drops" the caller directly into a hunt group following an optional greeting.

Multiple Auto-Attendant Services  :  Multiple AA Services can be created that feed into a common single call-queue.

Call Queues

Call Queue Exit Options

Alternate Destination for Unavailable Hunt Groups  :  Where do I go if nobody is logged in?

Voice Mail  :  Optionally refer callers to voice mail to leave a message.

Thank you

In my case, i have cue where i have configured AA and Mailboxes.

I just want to use B-ACD in live environment so if you have working configuration of B-ACD. Thanks

I have downloaded some files from www.cisco.com

cme-b-acd-2.1.2.3.zip which contains many files

Hi

This very ok , if you need that . I will tell you about scinario you have Sales department ( 4101 ,4102 ,4103 ,etc..).you need to group these people on a group , when call hits the pilot number the caller will hear welcome message then call will transfer to the your sales emplyees one by one , as a small idea of call-canter:- Please find the below:-

application

service app-b-acd-aa

param voice-mail 4220                                /Voicemail when there is no answer/

paramspace english index 1

param max-time-call-retry 700

param service-name app-b-acd

param number-of-hunt-grps 1

param drop-through-option 1

paramspace english language en

param handoff-string app-b-acd-aa

param max-time-vm-retry 2

paramspace english location flash:

param aa-pilot 4000                                      /400 the number which will be dialed/

param second-greeting-time 60

param drop-through-prompt _bacd_welcome.au   /welcome message/

param call-retry-timer 15

!

service app-b-acd

param queue-len 2

param aa-hunt1 4500                                 /this pilot number/

param queue-manager-debugs 1

ephone-hunt 10 longest-idle

pilot 4500

list 4101, 4102                           /ext of sales department/

timeout 10, 10

Thank you

Hi

1- You have to make sure that all B-ACD files on your flash:-

2-You have to use the below dial-peers

dial-peer voice 40 pots

service app-b-acd-aa

incoming called-number 4000

direct-inward-dial

!

dial-peer voice 4000 voip

service app-b-acd-aa

destination-pattern 4000

incoming called-number 4000

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

Thank you

Hi Islam,

Can you please explain call flow. I have FXO ports connted with analogue lines. All lines are plared with 5000 number.

5000 is AA defined on Cisco CUE. Where perator extension is 3900 (Receptionist number).

For testing purpose, lets say i spare 2 FXO lines for B-ACD purpose. Then i can change the connection plar.

Acc. to your configuration, just explain the Call flow

application

service app-b-acd-aa

param voice-mail 4220

paramspace english index 1

param max-time-call-retry 700

param service-name app-b-acd

param drop-through-option 1

paramspace english language en

param handoff-string app-b-acd-aa

param max-time-vm-retry 2

paramspace english location flash:

param aa-pilot 5050....connection plar on FXO ?

param second-greeting-time 60

param drop-through-prompt en_bacd_welcome.au

param call-retry-timer 15

!

!

service app-b-acd

param queue-len 2

param aa-hunt1 4500...??

param queue-manager-debugs 1

ephone-hunt 10 longest-idle

pilot 4500...??

list 4102, 4103

timeout 10, 10

Hi

1- param aa-pilot 5050....connection plar on FXO ?  yes .

2- param aa-hunt1 4500...??. 4500 acts as number of your hunt group which will contains your reception numbers .

so call come to -5050 -then call go to queue 4500 which will includes numbers of your receptionaists for example (4101 , 4102 , 4103 ,etc..). This is advantage of ACD automatic call distribuotar as IPCC .

Thank you

Hi

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 5050

description inbound FXO direct to Auto-Attendant

caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 500 voip

description inboumd FXO-test to auto-attendant

destination-pattern 5050

session target ipv4:10.107.146.1

dtmf-relay dtmf-relay