Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD and Auto Attendant and IVR

warquezho0612
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just want to ask what is the difference between B-ACD and AA and IVR? I'm just confuse and I'm thinking that B-ACD just the same with AA? How about IVR? How is IVR different with B-ACD and AA? And is B-ACD can only be used in CME?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html

Basic automatic call distribution (B-ACD) and auto-attendant (AA) service is available to provide the following functionality:

Automatic  answering of outside calls with greetings and menus that allow callers  to select the appropriate department or to dial known extension numbers.

Managed call queues for hunt groups that route calls for different menu options.

Tools for obtaining call statistics.

So, to summarize the answer for you B-ACD provides basic call center queing along with basic IVR. AA is an auto attendant functionallity that allow caller to dial in and select a user/extension to reach. these apply to CME deployment only.

For full blown CUCM deployment you can use full ACD/IVR Cisco Contact Center Express solution for up to 400 agent deployments, or Enterprise for now up to 16,000 agents along with CVP or IP-IVR IVR solution.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/bacd/configuration/guide/40bacd.html

Basic automatic call distribution (B-ACD) and auto-attendant (AA) service is available to provide the following functionality:

Automatic  answering of outside calls with greetings and menus that allow callers  to select the appropriate department or to dial known extension numbers.

Managed call queues for hunt groups that route calls for different menu options.

Tools for obtaining call statistics.

So, to summarize the answer for you B-ACD provides basic call center queing along with basic IVR. AA is an auto attendant functionallity that allow caller to dial in and select a user/extension to reach. these apply to CME deployment only.

For full blown CUCM deployment you can use full ACD/IVR Cisco Contact Center Express solution for up to 400 agent deployments, or Enterprise for now up to 16,000 agents along with CVP or IP-IVR IVR solution.

HTH,

Chris

I see. Can you confirm if my understanding to the technologies above is right?

1. AutoAttendant is when someone calls and a voice prompt response

2. B-ACD or ACD is used for queueing, like when a call comes in, then AA response and the caller was directed to a list of agents and hunt for an available agent. But when all the agents are busy then that is when the call is to be queued, so this is B-ACD/ACD right? Allow caller to hunt available agents, and queued if all agents are busy?

3. IVR has a built in AA, and the difference of this to a normal AA (like in Cisco Unity Connection) is that this connects to a database?

Thanks,

Mark

1. No, that is a definition of IVR (interactive voice response), AA is simple an ability to reach a destination via a set of prompts, i.e. enter the 4 digit extension or name of a person you want to reach

2. Correct

3. Not exactly, AA normally does not require database connection, but certainly could for complex lookups.

Chris

Regarding Question number 3. - But UCCX IVR is the solution to use if one needs to connect to a certain database, am I correct?

Correct.

HTH, please remember to rate useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: