Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD hunt-group question

zdonghai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, groups,

This is a question about B-ACD.If I define five hunt groups in the call queue service Tcl scrip, and since I can only use maximum three of them, then I define "param number-of-hunt-grps 3" in the aa service Tcl scrip. As following configuration:

service CQ tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/CallQ/B-ACD/app-b-acd.tcl
  param queue-manager-debugs 1
  param aa-hunt1 1001
  param aa-hunt2 2001
  param aa-hunt3 3001
  param aa-hunt4 4001
  param aa-hunt5 5001
  param number-of-hunt-grps 5
  param queue-len 10

service AA1 tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/CallQ/B-ACD/app-b-acd-aa.tcl
  paramspace english location tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/prompts/
  paramspace english index 0
  paramspace english language en
  param aa-pilot 8005550111
  param number-of-hunt-grps 3
  param service-name CQ
  param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au
  param handoff-string AA1

I know that the above configuration would just work fine. But I don't understand how does it work? How does it know which 3 of the 5 hunt groups will be used?

For example, if I wish hunt group 1 through group 3 to be used for serive AA1, After the caller dials in and hears the welcome prompt,  when the caller press 1 through 3 he would be get to the hunt group 1 through hunt group 3.

However, what if the caller press 4 and 5? Since service AA1 doesn't say it will use which 3 hunt groups in the call queue service, it seams that the caller is able to dial any number from 1 to 5, although from the perspertive of the caller he will be prompted only 1,2and 3 by the audio file. I mean, Even the caller doesn't hear he has the option to press 4 and 5, what if he press 4 or 5 by mistake or for any other reason? Will he get to hunt group 4 or 5, or just
denied and asked to press again?

To make things clear, let's say we add one more aa service, called AA2, the conguration seams to like this:

service AA2 tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/CallQ/B-ACD/app-b-acd-aa.tcl
paramspace english location tftp://192.168.254.254/user1/prompts/
paramspace english index 0
paramspace english language en
param aa-pilot 8005550222
param number-of-hunt-grps 3
param service-name CQ
param welcome-prompt _bacd_welcome.au
param handoff-string AA2

Well, if I wish hunt group 3 to hunt group 5 to be used by AA2, how does it konw what I want?

Any ideas? Thanks

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have configured many time exceeding the published limits, and never got any problem.

Also looking at the code, I do not see where the limtis are enforced.

So my reccomendation is, configure as you need and check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: