cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

B-ACD operator question.

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

According B-ACD configuration, when a caller presses 0 for the operator, the digit 0 maps to the highest hunt group (aa-hunt1 to aa-hunt10) that has been configured. The hunt group aa-hunt10 is always reserved for the operator, and the default operator option is 0.

My question is that our company has only 1 operator(receptionlist), so I couldnt create a hunt group for operator, because ephone-hunt wont allow me to put one ephone-dn at "list command"?

for instance, our operator has extension 8001 only

ephone-hunt 1 seq

pilot 8300

list 8001, 8001 <-- it wont allow me to enter 8001 twice or just enter 8001

Is there anyway to allow press 0 without create a hunt-group at B-ACD??

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ken,

The B-ACD will only route to a configured Hunt Group so this is a must. I think that there are two possible work-arounds for you here.

First is to add a second DN to the list command (as 2 is the minimum number of list members). This can be a phone that either never logs in to take calls or is unplugged permanently after configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00807dc29a.html#wp1117433

Second option might be to configure a Hunt Group with valid DN's (not 8001) that never log in to take calls and using the Alternate Destination for Unavailable Hunt Groups to route to 8001.

Calls are diverted to an alternate destination in two circumstances:

The hunt group to which a call has been transferred is unavailable because all members are logged out or in do-not-disturb (DND) mode.

The call-queue maximum retry timer has expired.

The alternate destination can be any number at which you can assure call coverage, such as a voice-mail number, a permanently staffed number, or a number that rings an overhead night bell. After a call is diverted to an alternate destination, it is no longer controlled by the B-ACD service. This parameter is set with the param voice-mail command.

The B-ACD call-queue service relinquishes control of a call only when the alternate destination answers the call. If the call cannot be connected, it remains in the queue. If the param max-time-vm-retry command is set to a number higher than one, the call-queue service retries to connect that number of times. If no connection can be made to the alternate destination, the call is disconnected.

If you send calls to a voice-mail system as an alternate destination, be sure to set up the voice-mail system as specified in the documentation for the system. In addition, see the "Integrating Voice Mail" chapter of the Cisco Unified CallManager Express System Administrator Guide.

Whatever number is specified for an alternate destination must be associated with a dial peer that is reachable by the Cisco Unified CME system.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805f2305.html#wp1012406

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks for your reply.

I add secondary number at operator ephone-dn, so that I add under list.

For instance.

ephone-dn 1

number 8001 secondary 8002

ephone-hunt 1 seq

pilot 8300

list 8001 8002

I guess that could be a work around.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: