Views
Helpful
Replies

Backlight behavior of the 9951 over CUCME 8.6

Voice ABA
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

Do you have any idea how I can control the Backlight behavior of the 9951 over CUCME 8.6 ???

By Way , I found the way to control the Backlight of  7975 ip phone but I could not find for 9951 since it is SIP phone .

Your Assistance is highly appreciated

Abdulateef

10 Replies 10

ATINC BAYTAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abdulateef,

I hope this link will help you to control the backlight behaviour of SIP phones.

Please check."Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 Administration Guide for Cisco Unified CM 8.5 (SIP)"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/9971_9951_8961/8_5/english/admin_guide/9971ins.html#wp1069052

Thanks and regards

Reducing Power Consumption on the Phone

You can reduce the amount of energy that the Cisco Unified IP Phone  consumes by scheduling when the phone goes into power save mode. In  power save mode, the backlight on the screen is not lit when the phone  is not in use. The phone remains in power save mode for the scheduled  duration or until the user lifts the handset or presses any button. In  the Phone Configuration page on Cisco Unified Communications  Administration, configure the following parameters.

Days Display Not Active—Specify the days that the backlight remains inactive.

Display on Time—Schedule the time of day that the backlight automatically activates. on the days listed in the off schedule.

Display  on Duration—Indicates the length of time that the backlight is active  once the backlight is enabled by the programmed schedule

Display Idle Timeout—Defines the period of user inactivity on the phone before the backlight is turned off.

Dear ATINC

Thanks for your feed back , I reviewed the above link but it is about CM 8.5

My actual problem is with Call Manager Express  8.6 which is recently supported 9900 series phones.

any assist on this regard???

Voice ABA
Level 1
Level 1

Any body have an idea to solve this issue ?????

May be opening a TAC case can be helpful at that point.

Sorry to bring up an old post. 

Abdulateef, have you got any update to this?  I'm wondering exactly the same thing, doesn't appear there's an ability to turn off the display on SIP phones.  Only possible in SCCP.

Try this command , it would return the phone LCD backlight to an "off state" after 1 minute of no

activity, such as a button press.

Router(config-telephony)# service phone displayIdleTimeout 01:00

After applying this configuration to the CME and resetting the 9951 phones, the expected

behavior should  be observed.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,

Karthik Sivaram

I had posted, and now removed, wrong information for which I apologize.

I have tested your suggestion and found that (quite illogicaly) "service phone" under telephony-service also controls the vendorConfig section in SIP phones configuration files.

Thank you Karthik for the response.  Yes strangely it worked, I had always though anything under "telephony-service" apply to SCCP only, but I guess you learn something new every day!

Hi,

I'm trying to configure daylight for 8851 and DX650 phones with CME

they are registered as SIP.

I configured daylight for SCCP phones but it didn't apply for sip phones !

Any suggestion please ,

Thanks

I can confirm this command works on a 8865

Router(config-telephony)# service phone displayIdleTimeout 01:00

Note the 01:00 actually means 1 hr

And it's really silly this is in the telephony section instead of the voice register global section.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: