Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Backup CUCM via SFTP using ssh-key

Hello,

I have to backup about 15 CallManagers (mostly CUCM6.1) to an centralized management debian server via SFTP protocol. The problem is the server accepts ssh connections authorized with ssh-keys only, not pass-phrases. This is how its said in internal security policy.

Is there any option how to import into CUCM or generate SSH-KEY inside CUCM (cucm shell, I havent found anything similar in web-gui)? And then paste CUCM's public-key to the server backup user's .ssh/authorized_keys file? So SFTP backup will authenticate via SSH key instead of passhprase?

Does anyone of you confort similar solution?

I would appreciate any kind of idea or help.

Thanks a lot and wish you all happy new year ;-)

Jirka

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Backup CUCM via SFTP using ssh-key

Not possible, CUCM backup method only uses that simple authentication mechanism of user/pwd configured under SFTP location.

Either set a simple SFTP client or do tape backups.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Not possible, CUCM backup method only uses that simple authentication mechanism of user/pwd configured under SFTP location.

Either set a simple SFTP client or do tape backups.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

I'm not happy nor surprised but this still answered my question. Thanks for your clarification java!

Hope some kind of ssh-key backup implementation will be on a roadmap for next releases, CUCM is still linux appliance and this is one of essencial functionality.

Thanks,

J.

Views
Helpful
Replies