cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bad echo in 7935

phillip-wright
Level 1
Level 1

I have a bad echo on my IP conf phone only even sounds choppey.

Any solutions?

9 Replies 9

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

You are hitting with the bug CSCsd54344. You need a new DSP to evercome this issue

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

What other details do you have? Is this every call on the 7931, or just when on speaker? Is this on any call whether it be local, over a WAN link, or to the PSTN?

What exactly is the scenario?

The 7935 conf unit is producing an echo on IP to IP calls and across the WAN. Is there a bug fix as sugguested by an earlier answer or can I simply adjust this on my gateway?

Is this on calls on your LAN and across the WAN? Can you clarify?

Do you hear the echo on the 7935 only, or does the other side hear echo as well?

What firmware version does the 7935 have?

Unless your gateway is doing transcoding, calls across the WAN would not be touching the DSP's, and only using the gateway for routing the IP traffic.

Yes I hear echo's on the conf unit and on the IP as well as across the WAN. My wife heard it when i called her through the 7935 but not when i called her on the 7970.

I thought about the transcoding issue but dismissed it due to I am not compressing or using meet me setups.

What is the firmware on the 7935?

CCM or CCME?

I would have to check the firmware. But it's on CME.

I'm not totally clear if these calls to your wife are across the WAN or LAN. When you say IP calls, what do you mean?

Since we are not dealing with PSTN here, your 7935 shouldn't be using dsp's on the voice gateway unless you are transcoding or conferencing. You could be transcoding if you were using g711 on the LAN, and g729 on the WAN. The dsp's would be used as a resource to convert the codec's.

You should be able to go to http:// to see the version of the firmware.

But i think you may be on to something come to think about it. the 7935 will act as though it is doing meet me if memory serves me right.