cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bad fordwar calls to Unity

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lot of problems with call fordwarding.

Sometimes, when I receive a call and I transfer it to another extension this call goes to Unity voice mail.

Can anybody help me?.

12 Replies 12

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Check the Extention configuration you are forwarding to (ccmadmin webpage) and see if it has voicemail activated (forwadall /busy...etc).

I recommend you to take a CCM detailed trace to see if its taking a ForwardTable and to see the callflow that the call is following.

//J

I don't know to do it.

Can you help me?.

Here you go:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

Another thing you can begin with is DNA( Dial Number Analyzer) you can access it from https://ipcallmanager/dna

if not installed ggo to webadmin page plugin and install it.

Zin-Elabidine Karzazi

I can't see this document because I haven't a CCO account.

I am trying to install DNA but the instalation program prompt me to "Enter Private Password Phrase" but I don't know what it is.

Is there any default password phrase?. I never didn't configure any password phrase in my server.

Can anybody help me?.

HOW TO CAPTURE TRACES

*****************************************************************************************************

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml

*****************************************************************************************************

-Go to the Cisco CallManager Administration

-Application

-Cisco CallManager Serviceability

-Trace

-Configuration

-Select a server in the left part of the screen

-Select 'Cisco CallManager'

-Check the button for 'Trace off'

-Click update

-Delete all the files that are on the folder (look below *)

-Check the button for 'Trace on'

-Click update

-Make sure the 'debug trace level' is set to 'detailed'

-Under the 'Trace Filter Settings' section, select all items, except 'Device

Name Based Trace Monitoring' and 'Include Non-device Traces'

-Check the button for 'Enable File Trace Log'

-Please uncheck the button for 'Enable XML Formatted Output for "Trace Analysis"'

-Make the phone call that fails.

-Disable the traces

-Click on 'Update' (at the top)

-Send me the files from the following folder

CCM Traces file will be on the server typically at:

* c:\ProgramFiles\Cisco\Trace\CCM\*.txt

Make sure that you capture the CCM trace in Call Manager where the devices register.

Please also upload:

-Exact time of the call (as seen on CCM server or ip phone)

-called number

-calling number

If you dont know what your Private Phrase is, enter the CCM admin password(this is mostly the case), if it doesnt work ask the techs who installed the CCMs for you.

I entered the CCM admin password and an error message appear: "Failed to load winservices.dll".

I am trying to install it in a client pc of my network not in a CCM server. Is it correct?.

You need to get a CCO account, if you want to administer and learn more about CCM&Unity. However here is how to install DNA:

Dialed Number Analyzer 2.0 installs on Cisco CallManager version 4.0(1) and later. You can install Dialed Number Analyzer on any Cisco CallManager node in a cluster, either Publisher or Subscriber. Install Dialed Number Analyzer preferably on a Publisher. It installs as an NT service on the Cisco CallManager server and can be accessed directly from the server where it is installed or from a remote PC through a web URL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Access Cisco CallManager and choose Application > Install Plugins.

The Install Plugins window displays.

Step 2 Locate the Dialed Number Analyzer Plugin.

Step 3 Click the executable icon for Dialed Number Analyzer Plugin to launch the InstallShield Wizard.

Step 4 Click Open. The InstallShield Wizard for Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer window displays.

Step 5 Click Next at the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for Cisco Dialed Number Analyzer window.

The Enter Private Phrase window displays.

Step 6 Enter the private phrase that you used at the time of installing Cisco CallManager Administration in the Enter Private Phrase window.

Step 7 Click Next.

If the private phrase is incorrect, an error message displays. Return to Step 6. If the private phrase is correct, the Ready to Install the Program window displays.

Step 8 Click Install at the Ready to Install the Program window.

Step 9 Click Finish at the InstallShield Wizard Completed window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note After the tool installs, you must manually restart the Cisco Database Layer Monitor service on all Cisco CallManager nodes. Refer to the Cisco CallManager Serviceability Administration Guide for information on accessing the Cisco Database Layer Monitor service.

Can I install DNA in a client pc and connect to the server from it?.

I prefer to do that. I can't install anything in a CCM server.

I have no permission.

No you cant.

DNA must be installed on CCM (publisher would be better) and you can access it from everywhere in your intranet using https://ip/dna. if you dont have permission then go for the trace (you can find them under C:/programm files/cisco/traces/)

Thank you very much for learn me to capture traces in CCM but I think that procedure I will do when the bad transfer to voicemail happen and I will upload trace file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: