Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Bandwidth limitation !

Hi there !

My company has a branch with 4 IP Phones and I'd like to create a restriction allowing only 2 calls simultaniously...

I'm thinking of creating a LOCATIN for those IP phones and use 96kpbs for 2 calls (g729)

Is this the right way ?

Is there any other ?

Thanks

Andrei.

• IP Telephony
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bandwidth limitation !

You can change the message in the service parameters although I don't understand what you mean by "how can I change this message for a busy tone". Can you explain?

6 REPLIES
Silver

I suspect you may be looking for Call Admission Control CAC:

<http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/intsolns/voipsol/cac.htm>

hth,

Ajaz

Well, it's something like that... but it seems that CAC only works with a voice gateway.. and that branch does not have a voice gateway, it's there only for QoS and routing functions...

I made I trial with LOCATIONS on CallManager (4.2) .. I created a location with 80kbps and it worked for only one call because it's using G711...

I don't understant why, because I configured All regions for g729...

Any idea on how can I make g729 ?

Thanks

Andrei.

Make sure that all phones have a region assigned to them.

Also 96 Kb/s is way too much bandwidth if you are looking to restrict calls to 2 G729 calls.

I create a new region and checked all configuration.. now it's working with g729... (24kbps per call)

Now I see a message on phone screen saying that there is not enough bandwidth... how can I change this message for a busy tone ?

Thanks

You can change the message in the service parameters although I don't understand what you mean by "how can I change this message for a busy tone". Can you explain?

Well, users don't know what is "not enought bandwidth".. but if they hear a busy tone insted, they'll know that cannot make that call at that moment.

But I changed the message to "All lines are busy".. I think it's ok now !

Thanks a lot.

Andrei.

Views
Helpful
Replies