cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

barge in

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

I have an operator - who wishes to listen in on trainee operators. Though you can listen with one of them using the  handset and the other using the headset on the same phone - this is not good enough -don`t you love SWB operators!!!!!! On the Nortel SWB they have two headset plus either side of the board so they can plug in two sets. They wish to listen to calls as part of the training so to listen to the caller between the external caller and operator. I can configure barge  in on a normal  phone with shared lines however the ARC SWB number can only appear on one Device so the normal barge will not work .If there a way I can almost use barge feature to continuously monitor calls. They do not have any  "head set splitters of such "

thanks

3 Replies 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

A quick solution for a 'one off' instance might be to have the trainee conference in the supervisor in the call.

Assuming CUCM 6.x or higher, a more complex but scalable and automated solution would be to use an application which invokes the CUCM Silent Monitoring and Recording API.

This feature/capability is documented in the Features and Services Guide of your CUCM version:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

HTH

Michael Odom
Level 4
Level 4

If a second headset port will be sufficient they do make headset splitter cables.  Various manufacturers make them, search for a headset Y adapter.  More specifically Plantronics part number 62011-01 is an example of one such device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this question answered? If so, please mark it as answered and rate the helpful answer(s) so we know if any more assistance is needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: