Helpful
Replies

Barge Solution

Customer needs Barge solutions as below:

Phone - A

Phone - B

Phone - C

When phone - A and B are in call; the phone - C needs to barge the phone - B,

Conversation between Phone B&C should not hear by phone A during barge, can it possible or please let me know any workaround is there?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Barge is by all means a conference. There's no way to use barge and have someone not listen.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Do we have any other workaround to achive the same in CUCM without barge.

No, what you're looking for sounds more like something that requires a Contact Center product.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

What about whisper intercom?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsintrcm.html

During whisper, the recipient receives the initiator voice, but the initiator does not receive the recipient voice. Callers on any other active calls with the recipient do not receive the initiator voice.

that's right

Intercom do the trick

Jonathan the requirement is, when the assistant and external customer is in call, manager want to listen assistant & customer in silent mode, when manager give suggestion to assistant, the customer should not listen their internal discussion.

Can the intercom can be used for the above solution, could you please light me.

Hi

I would say you are back in Contact Center feature land there - silent monitor is a function of UCCX, but it is listen-only. Intercom is also one-way, until the called person hits the button to speak back and at that point the original (customer) call goes on hold I think.

You could prompt the agent to do stuff using desktop chat whilst doing a silent monitor (or perhaps by using the intercom function to speak to the agent - though I don't know if this would have some sort of negative interaction with UCCX).

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: