Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS 4.0.9 on 4.1(3)ES111

Steffen.Baier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we recently had a failure in our cluster installation and we had to manually rebuilt a Subscriber. After the rebuilt the Engineer originally missed to install BARS. We have now installed this too but unfortunately it seems our Hand Over Document from the original Installation has got the BackAdmin Private Password Phrase wrong.

Is there a way to "view" this somehow or do I have to uninstall the whole BARS from every Box ?

We are planning to install 4.1(3)SR7 next and BARS 4.0.13 is out so what would you recommend to do.

Is that account/password used for anything else than BARS?

THX

Steff

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steff,

There is not a way to view this password but it can be reset using Admin Utility (C:\Program Files\Cisco\bin\AdminUtility.exe)

This tool should only be used during Off-Production Hours. This password is used for other tasks as shown in the attached link;

From this excellent Tech Note;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080557ba5.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

THX for your fast response. Can you confirm that this Tool will actually only reset the Backadmin Password and would not touch any other passwords.

The screenshots show multiple User Accounts but I am not 100% sure if they reflect the Backadmin Account.

Regards

Steffen

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Steff,

This utility will sync the Passwords for all of these;

SQLSvc, CCMServiceRW, CCMService, CCMCDR and CCMUser

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: If you are thinking of uninstalling BARS, it will only need to be removed from the Publisher :)

Hi Rob,

just the final confirmation by resetting the single password for SQLSvc I will reset the BARS BackAdmin Password ?

THX for your patience

Steff

Hi Steff,

No worries my friend :) Yes, if you use the Admin Utility to sync the passwords BackAdmin will be reset (and usable for your project)

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: Don't forget to run this in non-production hours.