Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

BARS can't detect USB tape drive

Hello,

I recently configured a CallManager Publisher server and attached a USB tape driver. However, when i open the BARS, the tape drive was not listed under the tape device.

Please help.

Thank you.

1 REPLY
Green

Re: BARS can't detect USB tape drive

Hi Ricky:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080720307.html#wp65545

From the link above:

"Step 2 Click the Network Directory, Local Directory, or Tape Device radio button.

?Click the Tape device radio button only if you have the Cisco Unified CallManager server with tape drive (for example, the Cisco MCS 7835, Cisco MCS 7845-1400, IBM xSeries 340 or xSeries 342 server). "

If you Tape USB drive is not recognized I would connect my USB drive to other machine and use a Network Directory.

Please let us know which OS, CCM and BARS version you are using:

The SCSI tape drives create a registry entry at HKLM\SYSTEM\DeviceMap\Scsi. But USB Tape Drives do not create an entry at the same location. The USB Tape Drives create the entry at HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NtmsSvc\Config\Standalone when they are connected and ready for use.

Latest version of BARS now reads from this registry key also to find out the tape drives connected to the system.

HTH

//G

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content