cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BARS Data Source Config will not allow us to add 2 of the SUB

248SHaune
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that insist on adding the Subscribers to the BARS as a Data Source (Don't ask me why. I tried to explain that only the PUB needs to be backed up. Well with that said they have 4 SUBS and BARS will allow me to add 2 of the SUBS,and the CER Server to the Back Up Schedule but when I tried to add the last two SUB. I get and error saying "All components for the Cisco Unified CallManager could not be found" and from that point it will not allow me to add them to the scheduler. Help

6 Replies 6

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Ensure that:

The DNS server is properly configured and available The hosts file has proper mapping for Cisco Unified CallManager servers

No DNS resolution issues exist for Cisco Unified CallManager servers in the cluster add local server name resolution to hosts file

ipconfig /flushdns ipconifig /registerdns iisreset

You know this would make since. I can ping them but I'm not sure if they are in the LMhost file. Let me check that

I checked the LMhost file and the two additional subscribers where already added. The error we get is "Some of the components of call manager are not loaded on the server" or something like that, as if it is looking for files on the subscribers that it is not finding?

have you installed the BARS software on the sbscribers ?

yes the Bars software is installed on all of the subscribers

Find the BARS documentation and show it to the customer. Only the publisher and your CER need to be added. You already know that.

We all have customers that insist they know the answer to something. So your job is to prove you have been doing it the correct way. It's usually not the case that you follow the wild goose chase and they will still pay you for it when it doesn't turn out.

Have fun.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: