Views
Helpful
Replies

bars restoration result by ccm can't bootup after restart

chialun
Level 1
Level 1

dear sir,

Please help, anyone have any idea with the title mentioned?

thanks.

7 Replies 7

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

How far does the server get? Does the server come up but the call manager services don't start, or is windows not booting up at all?

What errors do you see?

windows not booting up at all.

too bad.

:(

sorry to give wrong info. we've performed bars restoration but it shown "bars restoration failed" , then we shutdown the system . Then we bootup the system and windows managed to bootup, just that it can't start the ccm services? sql managed to start but not ccm services.

Please advise and appreciation.

What version of BARS, and can you post your BARS log file from the restore?

Does CCM start manually when you try? What errors are in the application/system event log?

Was the BARS file you restore from a good/complete backup?

What version of BARS, and can you post your BARS log file from the restore?

Answer: i'll provide that soon.

Does CCM start manually when you try?

Answer : We've tried to open the ccm admin page but can't open. We've tried to start the services at services page of windows but cannot start as well.

What errors are in the application/system event log?

Answer: A lot of error is there.

Was the BARS file you restore from a good/complete backup?

Answer: Yes, good & complete backup.

thank you for your help.

Ok. I would suggest opening a TAC Case and see if they can look over the system and see if it can be brought back somehow without a reinstall.

Obviously, you are down or up on a subscriber server?

Do you have a spare server you can build on a isolated network with same IP, same hostname, etc and try to restore from the same BARS tarball to see if the same thing happens? Because if the BARS tarball is not restoring right, you may have to try older backups if you have them or do a clean install.

I haven't seen this before. Maybe the versions did not match up somewhere or the data was corrupt.

the version of bars is 4.0.11

:D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: