Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
at

BARS Warning when Backup CAR (CCM 4.1.3)

hello,

we have Call Manager 4.1.3 SR4D and BARS 4.0.11; I believe this is the newest one;

In the Trace File of the BARS we have the following message:

[04:10:47 PM] The version of CAR installed - CAR 4.1(0.45) has not been verified to function with BARS 4.0.11000. You should upgrade the BARS software to ensure complete compatibility otherwise you could experience data loss during restore.

Question : Can I ignore this message or should I be anxious about to restore the CAR Database ;

Does anyone has any experience or advice

thank you and best regards

alex

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: BARS Warning when Backup CAR (CCM 4.1.3)

Hi Alex,

I had a look at the CCM Compatability Marix and don't see any problems (it also looks like BARS 4.0.11 is the latest and greatest so I don't see how you can upgrade it?). Have a look at this note;

Note: If you receive a warning while using BARS that indicates an incompatibility issue, double-check the matrix. If the matrix indicates that BARS has been tested with the component that the warning specifies, you can ignore the warning.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a0080724990.html#wp68643

Here is a link to the Matrix;

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/ccmcomp.htm

Hope this helps!

Rob

Green

CSCsg70356

This version of CAR is not included hence the warning. The next BARS release/SR might include the CAR version-

I've had similar situations and had no problems restoring the CAR database. Moreover it is genereally better to always use the newest compatible version of BARS since you wouldn't want to hit a bug while restoring.

at

that is what i wanted to know,

thank you

kind regards

alex

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content