Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic call routing question

hxmengmetro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have one gateway and callmanager cluster at main site. One remote site has a gateway too which has a DID (xx). All incoming PSTN calls to DID xx should go through the gateway at remote site. My packet capture shows the same way. But the outbound PSTN calls at remote site does't go through the gateway at remote site. From the capture, it goes through the main site gateway. I checked callmanager Route Pattern and found the local calls is associsated with main site gateway. I think it explain the packet capture. But my question is:

I saw the dial-peer pots configuration in remote site gateway and directs the call through the T1 line. Is these configurations only used when callmanager is unavailable and SRST is kicked in?

Thanks.

Lou

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At a very basic level, the path an outbound call takes during healthy operations is based on the route pattern, route group, and route lists configured in CUCM.  Route patterns point route list and route group configurations which are used to determine which gateway(s) can be used to route specific calls.  The SRST configurations on your router are not used unless you lose connectivity to the CUCM cluster and failover to SRST.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

At a very basic level, the path an outbound call takes during healthy operations is based on the route pattern, route group, and route lists configured in CUCM.  Route patterns point route list and route group configurations which are used to determine which gateway(s) can be used to route specific calls.  The SRST configurations on your router are not used unless you lose connectivity to the CUCM cluster and failover to SRST.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: