Hello friends am new to iptelephony ...plz do help me
1, In callmanager 4.1 where to find which port no a ip phone s assigned. eg i have 5 phones working well and later one of them fails.so in callmangaer where can i get to see which port assigned to that ip phone has failed.
2, Iam having a wrking envirnment with a callmanager server ,unity etc with 300 ip phones.One of my ip phone gets disconnect(failed) what could be the possible reasons for that and how can we troubleshoot it.There is no physical problems.
1.Call Manager will not tell you which switch port any given phone is plugged into. You will need to go into the switch, and issue the command "show mac-address-table address xxxx.xxxx.xxxx (phone mac-address)", and it will tell you which port the phone is plugged in to.
2. We need more details. Are these on-net calls or offnet calls that are disconnecting, or both? Please provide more detail regarding that issue.
Hai kenneth itz not on-net or offnet-calls,the phones registration s lost.I just want to know the possible reasons,how this happend.
Am Working environment with a callmanager server ,unity and 300phones.1 or more phone looses its registration.There s no physical issues. What could be the varous causes for this action is my question.I hope u are clear now.
If it is with off net calls, then the issue could be with your PSTN connection (FXO, PRI, etc). If it is with on-net calls, the issue could be QoS.
However, I dont think that it is any of the above, as you stated the issue is just with one phone losing registration. The issue sounds like it could be a physical problem. Check your cabling all the way from the switch, through the patch panels, all the way to the phone. There could be a cabling issue. Also may be an issue with the switch port into which the phone is plugged.
As you told that ur phones become unregistered suddenly and no physical issue, so please check for the following:
1. From the phone it self, setting,network configuration,and check if it take its IP address from your dhcp or not.
2. If yes,check if it have the IP address of the tftp or not.
3. If yes,check in the call manager list also in the phone,which ccm it is registered to,pub or sub [if it is as needed] which one is active [u mustn't find it registered as you see]
4. depending on the issue u'll find, u will be able then to determine where ur phone is stopping at,
5. Besdie your ccm, you can check with sh cdp ne to check if you can see your IP phone,then sh arp to check if exist in the arp table,also depending on the above results ,confirm the switch port configuration.
If the above not help, we can collect traces and event viewer to check then
You have reached the Cisco Logistics Support Center.. To Check Status of
your RMA, visit Product Returns & Replacements (RMA). Need help? Contact
us by Phone or Email. North Americas Phone: 1800 553 2447 Option 4
Email: email@example.com Europe Phone: +3...
The short answer is that you don't.... That isn't entirely true while at
the same time it kind of is, but for the most part you don't configure
the softkeys. You enable or disable them via TCL. Here is the long
answer. Be sure to read the whole thing or e...
Topology: IP Phone > Switches > Microsoft NPS setup to forward 802.1x
proxy to > ISE 2.1 patch 3 Authentication: EAP-TLS using Cisco MIC SANs
Phone Models 802.1X support? 802.1x flavor Addtl Comment EAP-MD5 EAP-TLS
Cisco 3905 Y Y N Cisco 6911 Y Y N Cisco ...