Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BAT insert SCCP VG224 no worky

I have read all the threads in this forum and every BAT/Gateway whitepaper I can get my hands on with no success.

Tried to shoot for the moon and batch in an entire VG224 with every port and DN set up and that doesnt work so we are now down to just doing the basics.

GATEWAY NAME,DESCRIPTION,SLOT,SUBUNIT,PORT NUMBER

"SKIGW5FB9EE3B19,PRV_CR_VG01,2,0,0"

That is my vg224.csv file that I imported...which raises a very basic simple question about BAT that confuses me.

Assume the bat.xlt doesnt work, which it doesnt, and I am creating the following csv with only this-

SKIGW5FB9EE3B19,PRV_CR_VG01,2,0,0

Assume I have already created a file format containing

Assume I went to Bulk Administration>Upload/Download Files and I added vg224.csv

NOW, do I just run

Bulk Administration>Gateways>Insert Gateways

OR do I have to first go to

Bulk Administration>Gateways>Gateway File Format>Add File Format

If I do the former the job is successful with 0 records processed and no errors, which is useless.

If I do the latter the job fails with 2 records processed and when I view the file it has the above content of:

"SKIGW5FB9EE3B19,PRV_CR_VG01,2,0,0"

The log says something about the difference between DOMAIN NAME and GATEWAY NAME in that case which is also not so helpful.

I think I have all the right bits in place but I am doing them in the wrong order or overlooking something simple. I would appreciate it if someone that has successfully done a SCCP VG224 bulk import could give this a once over and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

-Scott

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Your best bet is do an import/export for any existing vg224..and then use the template to create your new vg224 csv. Add the header to it and then create a tar file..then import it back in..This is how I do this all the time..

NB: You will need to create the base for the Vg224...Just add it without the ports etc, then use this method to add the various ports.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts "The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Good idea, I will give that a try.

Views
Helpful
Replies