Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT/TAPS 7925 Wireless phones

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

I need to BAT/TAPS 400 7925 Wireless phones.  I have exported the detailed 7925 template but am not able to import and TAP them into the CallManager. I am using CM 7.1.3. Could you please kindly share your experience and help me out?

Thanks,

MK

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have imported lots of 7925s onto 7.1(3). What exactly isn't working?   Note that I do it slightly differently: I don't export the template. I create the template and then do the import against it with only those fields (e.g. MAC, Description, Owner User ID, Mobility User ID, DN, etc).

Jonathan,

Thank you for your prompt reply. The problem is that I don't have the Mac Address and I want to BAT them in first and TAP them after. Would that be possible that I can use your template? Would you mind sharing it with me?

Thanks,

MK

Can anybody please help?

Thanks,

MK

CUCM ships with an Excel document template in the BAT Upload/Download folders directory; just use that. Select only the columns that will change per record, check the Dummy MAC Address box, and export the file. Upload it to BAT, create a device template, and insert the record against that template. Don't forget to check the "Create Dummy MAC Address" box during insert.

What is the name of the template. I don't seem to be able to locate it? Will I be able to TAP them in after importing them?

Thanks,

MK

I don't see why not as long as you use dummy MAC addresses. We do not use TAPS so I can't promise that part.

Do you know what the name of the template is?

Thanks,

MK