Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT & TAPS on CUCM8.5

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

We have a customer who has a CUCM 8.5 and a Siemens PBX that have a trunk between them. They are slowly migrating to the CUCM using the BAT and TAPS with dummy MAC addresses. The file is uploaded one day and the user TAPS in the next day to register their phone and DN.

Scenerio:

Siemens user extn 2000 is migrating over the CUCM on DN 2000.

(Before the user TAPS) If I upload the BAT file will the CUCM pass any incoming calls for that DN to the Siemens or play a CUCM Number Unreachable message? ie is CUCM clever enough to recognise that that user has not registered yet and pass the call over the trunk?

Cheers

Rich

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't tested this, but I would assume that since the DN is already in the dnorpattern table as a routable DN, it would try to reach it. Unless you have a specific RP with the exact same DN and with the partition of such RP above the one from the line DN in the CSSs, then, you would reach the phone on Siemens.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't tested this, but I would assume that since the DN is already in the dnorpattern table as a routable DN, it would try to reach it. Unless you have a specific RP with the exact same DN and with the partition of such RP above the one from the line DN in the CSSs, then, you would reach the phone on Siemens.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java. If I put the DN in a 'Holding Partition' so I can add them without affecting the Siemens phone- is there a way to bulk change the Partition if I have lots of these?

Yeah, you can use BAT and the update lines option.

HTH

java

HTH

java

And similiarly if I use the BAT file to update partition (if DNs are easily selectable eg consecutive)?