Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT to update controlled devices while LDAP sync is enabled

Nerton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our organization is doing a phone refresh on about 3300 devices and we've managed to BAT everything except for the controlled devices field under user profiles.

We try to do this through Bulk Administration > Users > Update Users and we use # as the variable to ignore fields.

The issue we run into is that the User ID field is needed to specify control the device but LDAP prevents this field from being "updated" (even though we don't want to change it) and the update fails as a result.

I can't imagine Cisco expects large enterprises to manually do this for every single device so I suspect I'm missing something. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just remove the columns you do not want to update, never seen # being used for this purpose.

All you need is the mandatory field (UserID) and then any other column you want to update i.e. CONTROLLED DEVICE.

Also, you can use the "Update Users" sheet on the BAT.xls file you can download from your CUCM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please attach an example of the BAT file you are attempting to run?

FIRST NAME

MIDDLE NAME

LAST NAME

USER ID

PASSWORD

MANAGER USER ID

DEPARTMENT

PIN

DEFAULT PROFILE

USER LOCALE

TELEPHONE NUMBER

PRIMARY EXTENSION

ASSOCIATED PC

IPCC EXTENSION

MAIL ID

PRESENCE GROUP

SUBSCRIBE CALLING SEARCH SPACE

ALLOW CONTROL OF DEVICE FROM CTI

DIGEST CREDENTIALS

USER GROUP

CONTROLLED PROFILE

CONTROLLED DEVICE

PASSWORD LOCKED BY ADMIN

PASSWORD CANT CHANGE

PASSWORD MUST CHANGE AT NEXT LOGIN

PASSWORD DOES NOT EXPIRE

PASSWORD AUTHENTICATION RULE

PIN LOCKED BY ADMIN

PIN CANT CHANGE

PIN MUST CHANGE AT NEXT LOGIN

PIN DOES NOT EXPIRE

PIN AUTHENTICATION RULE

ENABLE MOBILITY

ENABLE MOBILE VOICE ACCESS

REMOTE DESTINATION LIMIT

MAXIMUM WAIT TIME FOR DESK PICKUP

PASSWORD IMSINFO

PIN IMSINFO

USER PKID

#

#

#

JoeUser

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

SEPMAC

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

This is the format I got from here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/bulk-administration-tool/110967-bat-00.html

It’s in a .csv file and it’s formatted the same as all of the other BAT jobs I do. The # is the variable I used for ignored fields and this is the error I received after it failed: Failure Details :

users Error Code Error Description

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning :

LDAP Sync status is enabled. Some fields cannot be updated.

JoeUser It is not possible to convert between the specified types.

Result Summary :

UPDATE for 0 USERS passed.

UPDATE for 1 USERS failed.

Just remove the columns you do not want to update, never seen # being used for this purpose.

All you need is the mandatory field (UserID) and then any other column you want to update i.e. CONTROLLED DEVICE.

Also, you can use the "Update Users" sheet on the BAT.xls file you can download from your CUCM.

Thanks for the help! I was wondering why so much information was required when all of the other files only required the desired fields *face palm*.

Laura_Morales
Level 1
Level 1

Besides the solution provided, which worked also for me, I realized when I exported the -end users- from Export menu, the field Controlled Device was named in the file as DEVICE NAME 1, DEVICE NAME 2, ..... But for updating an end user using Custom File, the field should be named CONTROLLED DEVICE 1, CONTROLLED DEVICE 2, .....

So keep that in mind, the column in the .csv file should be named CONTROLLED DEVICE 1 in order to associate a phone to an end user.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: