cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BAT Update of Owner User ID

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

I want to update all the phones with owner id prior to the upgrade to 10.5 from existing 8.6. This is keeping in view the changes in licensing model from DLU to CUWL in version 10.x.

It would be great help if somebody explains me the difference between User ID1, User ID 2 and Owner User ID. I was playing with BAT tool to export existing phones into CSV and while opening the file in Excel, I saw those fields. It appears that the Owner User ID field in the CSV file is not the same as the Owner User ID field in the phone property field in CUCM. However, Owner User ID field is already populated. I am wondering where that ID is coming from since that field is empty in the CUCM phone property field. Thank you.

~ Khanal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

User IDx represents the End User account(s) that the device is associated with. In other words, the Controlled Devices box. There can be as many User IDx columns as there are unique users associated to the same device. This has nothing to do with licensing but does control things such as CTI Control and access to the device within /ccmuser.

The single Owner User ID column on the other hand can hold only one username value and specifies which End User object the device is associated to for licensing purposes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

User IDx represents the End User account(s) that the device is associated with. In other words, the Controlled Devices box. There can be as many User IDx columns as there are unique users associated to the same device. This has nothing to do with licensing but does control things such as CTI Control and access to the device within /ccmuser.

The single Owner User ID column on the other hand can hold only one username value and specifies which End User object the device is associated to for licensing purposes.