Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BE6000: IM and Presence Installation/Config

Hello there,

Configuring a new BE6K v10.5 (for our lab).  I've got CUCM and Unity base config done.  But I'm having some trouble getting IM and Presence running.  I added the Server to the Pub instance of CUCM, but it doesn't appear to be running.

Anyway I'd be happy to read and follow the Cisco documentation, but I wasn't sure where to start.  The Cisco Business Edition 6000 Installation Guide, Release 10.5(1) (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE6000/InstallationGuide/10_51/CUCM_BK_BC403831_00_be6k-install-guide-1051.html) doesn't cover IM and Presence.  And the general list of docs (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/business-edition-6000/products-installation-guides-list.html) stops at IM and Presence v9.1, and from what I understand, it's different in 10.5.

So if anyone can help with a pointer to some basic documentation, or how to set up the first node of IM and Presence, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

BIll

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

You can simply follow the

You can simply follow the general IM&P config guides, install and configuration are exactly the same for any enterprise, 6K or 7K CUCM. Go to the CUCM install guide, there's a chapter for IM&P in there now on 10.X+

Basically, on your CUCM PUB System -> Server -> add your IM&P, then fire up your IM&P install and point to the CUCM when prompted for the first node.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You can simply follow the

You can simply follow the general IM&P config guides, install and configuration are exactly the same for any enterprise, 6K or 7K CUCM. Go to the CUCM install guide, there's a chapter for IM&P in there now on 10.X+

Basically, on your CUCM PUB System -> Server -> add your IM&P, then fire up your IM&P install and point to the CUCM when prompted for the first node.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Perfect, just what I needed.

Perfect, just what I needed. Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.