Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BE6k Express way

Hi,

I have installed BE6k and still think for the Expressway

I received the following

LIC-VCS-10+    [non-traversal]

LIC-VCSE-5+   [traversal]

LIC-VCS-GW

CTI-VCSC-BE6K-PAK   [vcs control PAK ID]

LIC-VCS-BASE-K9

Please advise if I can implement Expressway control and edge to make use of the remote registration with Jabber

or what is the use of this received PNs

Thanks

3 REPLIES

The licenses above are not

The licenses above are not for Expressway but for VCS. You can order Expressway as a free license. The ordering guide shows you how to do it: http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/be-6000.pdf

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks George for your

Thanks George for your helpful reply

Now after ordering the expressway

I'll install Expressway-C on a UCS and expressway-E on the other UCS

I think they are the same image but the license will define the role !!

Do I need to separate them by a firewall as in the design diagram on cisco ?

what will be offered by the free license ? As how many concurrent sessions for remote connections.

Thanks

Correct, you can install EXP

Correct, you can install EXP-C on one and EXP-E on the other. You necessarily dont need a firewall between your EXP-C and EXP-E but it also depends on what you have deployed. The EXP-E typically sits in the DMZ and EXP-C on the internal network. 

The free license gives you Mobile and Remote access functionality and there is no limit on the number of calls but its limited to hardware specs.If you use the medium OVA, i think its 100 video or 100 audio calls concurrently.

Please rate useful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies