Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

BE6K on 3rd Party HP server

Can I load BE6K on a 3rd party HP UC supported Vmware server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

No, a 6K is tied to a UCS TRC

No, a 6K is tied to a UCS TRC server, what you would end up would be a regular UC install on 3rd party HW.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

No, a 6K is tied to a UCS TRC

No, a 6K is tied to a UCS TRC server, what you would end up would be a regular UC install on 3rd party HW.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

But would it work? And my

But would it work?

And my other question is do I have to buy a BE6K UCS TRC part number or will any C220 M3 server work?

Cisco Employee

Yes, from a technical point

Yes, from a technical point of view, you can use the 6K OVAs (I'm assuming it meets the HW reqs), BUT, we won't call it a 6K, nor we support it if you do that. If he HW meets the requirements from virtualization wiki, and you use OVAs approved for non 6K, or 6K AND non 6K deployments, then we would support it, but as a regular install.

If this is for a production environment, that's a huge no.

You can reach pre-sales if you're a partner, or a Cisco Gold partner for info of the current options for a 6K, but it's a bundle, HW + SW + licenses, right now we have medium density (4 app + prime) and HD (8 apps + prime), not sure about the server models we're currently selling with each.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

I guess my main question is

I guess my main question is will i be supported if I buy a used C220 M3 that meet specs, but not the bundle part number.

Cisco Employee

Reach your SE or pre-sales

Reach your SE or pre-sales for that, I have no idea if this would be fully supported, or to what extent you would receive support for this case.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

I guess my main question is

I guess my main question is will i be supported if I buy a used C220 M3 that meet specs, but not the bundle part number.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content