cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blackberry with Unity Connection

SBCdd7343
Level 1
Level 1

Has blackberry support been added with Unity Connection? Customer has IMAP for their Outlook express client, and wanting to retrieve the voice messages from Unity Connection as well as their mail on blackberry.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Hope all is well with you. Sadly this is not supported yet :( Here is the latest and greatest Comparison doc;

Cisco Unified Messaging Feature Comparison

Version 2.0 Updated August 30, 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Daniel,

Hope all is well with you. Sadly this is not supported yet :( Here is the latest and greatest Comparison doc;

Cisco Unified Messaging Feature Comparison

Version 2.0 Updated August 30, 2007

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_data_sheet0900aecd806bfc37.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Our friends at Cisco informed me that while there is not true Blackberry support, Unity Connection will email the blackberry letting the user know that a voice mail is waiting in UC inbox. Then user just has to press a digit to callback UC inbox to retrieve.

This is acceptable to my customer, so all is well.

As always, thanks for your quick response.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for posting back with this info. This seems like a reasonable solution doesn't it! 5 points for sharing this info for others who have the same question. Good work!

Take care,

Rob

Any further progress on this with v7? Can the BES server connect to the IMAP connection and provide the message to the Blackberry?

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I believe there is a significant improvement coming in UC 7.1 You should talk to your Cisco SE about the feature set for 7.1 which will start EFT in early January. I don't think these can be discussed here due to the NDA.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: