Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLF Buttons

OK - Now that I my 7916 sidecars programmed with the extensions I want to see on them, how do I go about enabling them to light up when that extension is in use? Red for busy, yellow for ringing etc....

Using CUCM 9.1.

Current status is: when the extension is picked up, or busy, I get nothing on the sidecar it's programmed to except for the name I have it programmed for. If I push the button, that extension rings and I can talk with the person on that end, soI know I have it programmed right.

I was reading something about Presence Groups and Watchers? Am I looking in the right direction or making things more complicated than they really are?

Thanks again guys for all your input.

Eric Erickson

Village of South Holland, IL       

18 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

BLF Buttons

You need to make sure the Subscribe CSS on the phone has CSS assigned with access to the line partitions.

HTH,

Chris

BLF Buttons

I have CSS (Calling Search Space) assigned on all the phones involved. I have other phones in different departments (same network) working (they were set up by the installer), and are using the same CSS.

BLF Buttons

I am talking about "Subscribe CSS" which is different from the normal CSS used for call access. Do you have that set with proper CSS?

Chris

BLF Buttons

Hi Chris,

I 've checked all the phones involved. All the Subscribe Calling Search Space settings in the Protocol Specific Information section are all have the same setting.

There were a couple of 9971's that were set to , but I changed them to match also.

This system is completely new to me and I'm learning it by trial and error right now, so I apologize for any unfamiliarity on my part.

- Eric

BLF Buttons

So, is it still not working?

If not, what is the CSS set to? Then if you look at the CSS config does it list partition assigned to "monitored" DN?

Chris

BLF Buttons

Nope - still not working. However - the first two buttons on the phone - Line 1 and Line 2 do light up if they're on a call.

Line one is obviously the phones extension and Line 2 ia an appearance on the phone of another extension.

Not sure exactly where I'm looking the see what it's "Assigned", but I can tell you that all the phones are using a CSS setting that is currently working on other phones on the network. In this case it's called Fire_1.

the partitions assigned to Fire_1 under Call Routing/Class of Control/Calling Search Space/Fire_1 are: 911_Fire_1, Blocked, Internal, Gateway, VMPilotNumberPT, VMRestrictedPT and Informacast.

I'm assuming the monitored DN is going to be in the "Internal" partition.

Should i be looking somewhere else?

BLF Buttons

Eric,

Chris wasn't talking about the phone CSS but the Subscribe CSS located under "Protocol Specific Information" on the phone configuration.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

BLF Buttons

What Chris stated is the answer (+5) If for some reason this doesn't solve your issue, also verify that both phones/lines are on the same Presence Group (which by default they're).

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

BLF Buttons

HI

Can you try the below:-

1) Device>Device Settings>Phone button Template

2) if your phone is the 7975 search Standard 7975 SCCP and click in the icon copy

3) write a diferent name

4)by default leave the two first button in line, after the 2 second button select Speed Dial BLF.

Thanks

Please rate all useful information

BLF Buttons

Chris you're quick

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

BLF Buttons

Re:BLF Buttons

Did you reset the phones? Did you assign blf speed dials? Did you verify that both phones have the same presence group?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

HTH Regards, Yosh

Re:BLF Buttons

I reset the phones, I even had them totally unplugged as well as tried putting a brand new phone in place and letting all the upgrades run on it at the first network plugin. The BLF speed dials have been assigned and are showing up on the sidecar as I programmed them. If I push the button, it calls the extension, I can transfer calls to them. And both phones have the same presence group. I tried experimenting with changing the presence group to a different one, testing it and then changing it back. Still no busy indicators on the lines.

Do I need a bigger hammer?

Re: BLF Buttons

Eric,

So what you're saying is that you have the following example configured:

Partition: Internal

CSS: Internal

Contains the "Internal Partition"

=== Phone 1 ===

Presence Group: Standard Presence Group

Subscribe CSS: Internal

- Line 1

Number: 1000

- Button 2

BLF Speeddial 1001

=== Phone 2 ===

- Line 1

Number: 1001

If you do have the similar setup configured, than I would use the hammer or restart the "Call Manager Service"

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Re: BLF Buttons

On the watched line, what partition is the DN in? Check on the target phones' line please

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

BLF Buttons

Sheepishly, I re-enter the room, dreading having to admit to my noobish and rookie skills, but I guess i better fess up on this one.

I've been looking and looking over the setups on these phones - comparing the settings on the sidecars that show the busy extensions and comparing them to the ones I'm having problems with. I quadruple checked to make sure the Partitions, Presence Groups, Subscribe CSS settings are all correct. And they are - everything is as it should be. So I wipe a phone and start going through it step by step and I think back on how I set them up previously. A thought hits me - when I programmed the phones the firsat time, I typed all the extensions in, gave them a description and kept populating the list.

Doing it this time, I realized I was doing it in the Speed Dial list and not the BLF Speed Dial list. I cleared everything, re-created the list (as a BLF Speed Dial list) and everything is functioning as it should.

I apologize to the group for not realizing this sooner, but I sincerely appreciate the effort everyone put into trying to steer me through this.

At least I'm learning - sometimes the hammer needs to be aimed at yourself.

Thanks Everyone.

BLF Buttons

Eric,

It happens to all of us

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Hall of Fame Super Red

BLF Buttons

Hey Eric,

Thanks for posting back with your results. The fact that

you solved this by going back through the steps and discovering

the error is a great step (+5) And don't feel bad.....we've ALL been there.

I'll also add a nice +5 each for Chris, Yosh, Islam & Dino for

their willingness to help out

This process is what makes CSC so great!

Cheers!

Rob

"Seek it out and ye shall find  " 

- OneRepublic

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content