Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF is not getting reflected in CUEAC 8.6.2.11 automatically

Sam naik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am in position for implementing CUEAC 8.6.2.11 in our environment. Everything went smooth and I can see the all users under directory option of CUEAC, but BLF option is still not sync with CUCM for all users automatically.

If I do change manually by adding device name of particular user in CUEAC, I am getting the BLF status of the perticular phone perfectly.

I troubleshooted as following but still not getting BLF status of all users,

1. Verified LDAP sysc on CUCM and sync is happening properly.

2. User is able to login in CUCM web

3. Enabled contact syncronization in CUEAC with scheduling and found all users are seen in directory option of operator console.

4. Verified directory field mapping in CUEAC and telephone number to extension mapping is perfect

5. Application user created for CUEAC sync has all proper rights for CTI with super users of CUCM

• Standard CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring
  • Standard CTI Allow Calling Number Modification
  • Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices
  • Standard CTI Allow Reception of SRTP Key Material
  • Standard CTI Enabled

6. Phone is enabled with "Allow Control of Device from CTI" also users have group access of "CTI enabled" in end users directory of CUCM.

7. All service including BLF service are up and running fine.

8. Tried to reset the service of BLF as well as reboot the server of CUEAC.

9. All connections are fine (database with SQL and CUCM connection). Tested and successfully got good results

10. Database is showing connected on operator console

if required I can send logs for your reference.

Please let me know if anything else I missed out to troubleshoote the issue and how may I enable BLF for all users automatically?

Thanks

Regards,

Sam

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Sam,

Is the DN in the UCM and CUEAC an exact match?

View solution in original post

Sam,

There is currently no way to modify the imported number in the CUEAC directory, the number is an exact import of the Telephone Number which is set against the End User in UCM.

The only suggestion I have is if you need the telephone number in AD to be in that specific format, you could possible utilize a seperate field in AD (Alternative Phone Number, IP Phone etc) and enter the number in the correct format required for the BLF in CUEAC to work. In turn, you could change the field mapping in UCM to pull the Telephone Number from that other field and this will then sync through to CUEAC correctly.

The other option you could do (mught not be feasable depending on the size of your directory), but you could manually enter the MAC address of the contacts in the CUEAC Directory, this will then show the BLF status as the issue is getting the MAC address based on the number sent not matching a number in UCM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jamgale
Level 3
Level 3

Sam,

Is the DN in the UCM and CUEAC an exact match?

Hi Jamie,

Yes we have different format on CUCM and CUEAC +1 format. I confirmed with Cisco, they have updated that we should have exact match with out any spaces as CUCM extension. We made +1 format in AD which is sync with CUEAC from CUCM for different reason so instead of removing 1 format or matching DN, can we have any other option for BLF as like we have made translation pattern to remove \1 for suitability of calling from both corporate directory as well as CUEAC?

Thanks

Regards,

Sam

Sam,

There is currently no way to modify the imported number in the CUEAC directory, the number is an exact import of the Telephone Number which is set against the End User in UCM.

The only suggestion I have is if you need the telephone number in AD to be in that specific format, you could possible utilize a seperate field in AD (Alternative Phone Number, IP Phone etc) and enter the number in the correct format required for the BLF in CUEAC to work. In turn, you could change the field mapping in UCM to pull the Telephone Number from that other field and this will then sync through to CUEAC correctly.

The other option you could do (mught not be feasable depending on the size of your directory), but you could manually enter the MAC address of the contacts in the CUEAC Directory, this will then show the BLF status as the issue is getting the MAC address based on the number sent not matching a number in UCM.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you and it would be great help to us

Regards,

Sam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: