Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

BLF lines reverting back to SD's

I have repeated reports from one site that their BLF lines, which have been working fine, will occasionally turn into Speed Dial lines.  They lose the monitoring light and the icon next to the line description loses the phone over the keypad.  (The icon for a BLF is a phone icon superimposed over a keypad, and the icon for a speed dial is just the keypad.)  The report seems to say that they lose them one at a time, instead of all at once, but I don't know how reliable that is.

Resetting the phone fixes the problem, but it is happening 2-3 times per week on about a half dozen phones.

We are running CUCM 7.1(3) and these users have 7962 phones, some with sidecars.

3 REPLIES

Re: BLF lines reverting back to SD's

Hi,

BLF is basically one kind of Presence feature, you may already know that, where the BLF line always monitors the status of any line through SUBSCRIBE CSS. Do you have Subscriber on your cluster? Is dbreplication is behaving good?

I guess sometime it can't monitor the line because of frequent failure issue on permission, it might be caused by dbreplication issue or anything else, please try to find out that. You are the best person for your network!

Thanks,

Mijanur Rahman

No, the dbreplication looks good, although it was worth the effort to check.  Thanks for the suggestion. 

I am more familiar with the way the Presence server and Personal Communicator client work. Although, I think BLF operates via the same method.  Does anyone know if that is true?  Does the phone issue a SIP Subscribe to get presence information on a particular line?  If those Subscribe messages were being blocked...  I would sniff the line, if this problem were easily repeatable, but it seems to be happening at random intervals.

Any thoughts?

Hi, I'm not sure on CUCM, but on CUCME we need to enable presence feature from 'sip-ua' even for to make such BLF SD feature ON, the concept should be the same on CUCM.

Views
Helpful
Replies