Replies

BLF Pickup & Transfer

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM 9.1.2 & we have following scenario:

Secretary extension = 1000
Boss extension = 2000

If ext 2000 is on call, Secretary wants to monitor boss line & wants to receive call from his phone. This i have achieved via BLF Pickup button on secretary phone & its working fine without any problem.

The problems are:

1- When Boss phones rings, secretary BLF-CPG button just give one audible beep & keep blinking/flashing its not ringing continuously,once secretary press BLF-CPG button then phone rings. Secretary wants BLF-CPG button to keep ring instead of single audible ring and flashing.

2- When some one calls to Boss on ext 2000, secretary should be able answer call from his phone & should be able to transfer call on same extension 2000 to talk to Boss or connect him with caller on hold.

For problem 1 i tried my best to find out solution but i am not able to find out how to configure it, can any one help please

For problem 2 i don't think so its possible, can any body confirm please or does any body has alternative ?

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have had same issue in a law firm. The users were most happy when using the shared line approach for the continuous ring and not BLF. Secretary can connect calls using hold, transfer, general park or dedicated Park BLF on boss and secretary phones to move the call.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

Hi.

You can configure 1000 as primary line on Secretary Phone and 2000 as secondary.

In she answers on line 2000 she can put on hold the call and select primary line (1000) and dial 2000 to ring bosse's phone.

Directory number 2000 should have a busy trigger value higher than 1.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have had same issue in a law firm. The users were most happy when using the shared line approach for the continuous ring and not BLF. Secretary can connect calls using hold, transfer, general park or dedicated Park BLF on boss and secretary phones to move the call.

Hope this helps

Hi Heathrw,

Thank for your reply.

I also tried shared line approach which is ok some how, In my case Boss has only one extension 2000 - and Secretary has two extensions 1000 and 2000.

When call comes for extension 2000 both phones will ring & if secretary answer call then how he will transfer it back to boss extension 2000 ? because call on 2000 is already answered. I have understanding that you can not transfer call to the same number you received on.

If my requirement is not clear let me know i will explain you in detail.

Hi.

You can configure 1000 as primary line on Secretary Phone and 2000 as secondary.

In she answers on line 2000 she can put on hold the call and select primary line (1000) and dial 2000 to ring bosse's phone.

Directory number 2000 should have a busy trigger value higher than 1.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Perfect .. It worked

Thank Carlo & Heathrw