cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Speed Dials for user modification

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

Is there any way to setup BLF SpeedDials that the IP phone users can edit via the ccmuser page? Our users like to have the BLF speed dials so they know if an extension is busy, however as far as I know only the speed dials and not the BLF speed dials are not editable by the users. Is there any way to acomplish this without having to have admins enter every users BLF speed dial?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

Sadly only the ccmadmin can setup BLF/SD even in CCM 7.x.

Here is a reference to this fact;

Unified CM Speed Dial Presence

Unified CM supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: You are one of many people that I have seen wanting this feature. I would encourage you to work with your Cisco SE to open a PER (Product Enhancement Request)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

alig.norbert
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Under telephone-service you must enter "transfer-system full-consult dss".

The button/line can now be configured as "monitor" through the webpage.

Greets,

Norbert

Unfortunately this is CallManager and not CallManager express. Any idea if this is possible to do in the full version of CallManager 7.0?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

Sadly only the ccmadmin can setup BLF/SD even in CCM 7.x.

Here is a reference to this fact;

Unified CM Speed Dial Presence

Unified CM supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence capabilities via a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/presence.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS: You are one of many people that I have seen wanting this feature. I would encourage you to work with your Cisco SE to open a PER (Product Enhancement Request)

diane.griffitts
Level 1
Level 1

Five years later:  I'm using BLF speed dials in UCM 8.6 and sadly it appears that users are still not allowed to configure them.